Sunday, December 15, 2013

Hey guys. Lot's to talk about this week. We had a quiz last Wednesday, which I got a 96 on. The question I missed was worded weird and I didn't really understand it. Oh well. I think I have a pretty good grasp on what we are doing in this chapter, but I do need to study more in advance than the night before. I also need to work on my labs because that was one of the areas that was bringing my grades down. So I definitely need to work on answering the question completely because on some of the labs, I answered part of the question, but not all of it. Anyway, we started a lab this week about fungi, as it is tha next part of our chapter, Viruses, Bacteria, Protists, and Fungi. We brought in jars of varying sizes and different types of food to make a mold terrarium. 

Let's Make  A Mold Terrarium

Materials
  • A jar or tuba-wear container
  • 5 different foods
  • masking tape 
  • Recording sheet
Procedure

  • Cut up all the different foods into small pieces(run them under water if they are dry)
  • Place them into the container try to not let them touch.
  • Seal the container with masking tape. 
  • DO NOT OPEN THIS CONTAINER AGAIN. SOME OF THE MOLD MAY BE PATHOGENIC
  • Put it in a dark place
  • Let it sit for a day. 
  • The next day, look to see if any mold is growing. Continuously do this for 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment