Sunday, November 17, 2013

Hey y'all. Gettin' colder right? Need some hot chocolate? I know I do. Went on a totally fun camping trip for BSA this weekend and I just got back today. This is our yearly shooting trip where we shoot 22 Rifles and 12 gauge shotguns. As a prize, the person who had the best grouping got to shoot a military grade SCAR S assault rifle and an AK-74 assault rifle. We also do a huge Pig picking' on Saturday night where our host cooks a wild boar that he shoots, mac and cheese and a bunch of other amazing southern dishes. Wish I could show you guys the pictures. Sciencey stuff now. We had a DNA helix project due Tuesday that i think I got a 91% on. I messed up because I forgot to label the deoxyribose, phosphates and hydrogen bongs on my key. Oops. Should have read the directions more carefully. This week, we also had a quiz, which I should have studied more for. I really need to remember to tie a string around my finger so that I know to study. We did no labs this week except for a small one where we were learning about KAryotypes, which is where they take a small sample of an unborn fetus and test it for gender and genetic disorders which was difficult and I messed up my first one, which was the normal person's DNA sequence. The second one, there was an extra chromosome in one of the sections, which causes a certain disorder. I have an extra gender chromosome, which is Klinefelter Syndrome. Klinefelter Syndrome affects males and holds back cognitive and physical developement. You can check out this and other genetic disorders at http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/.

No comments:

Post a Comment